Who doesn’t like getting nominated for awards? Very few people. While the ‘Liebster Award’ is a completely unofficial award and there is no prize, it is a great way to link up with other explorers around the world and to share a little bit about yourself. So I begin by taking a brief bow of thanks and smile at Nienke from thetraveltester.com for nominating me. Then I get on with taking part in the award.
There are a few rules for the Liebster Award. They are:
- Link back to the blogger that nominated you
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask them 11 new questions
Talking about myself is less interesting than most things in life. So I’ll be brief and tell you only what’s important. Here are eleven facts about me:
- I don’t like treading on cracks
- Pogs were banned from my middle school because of me
- I used to keep stick insects until they started eating each other
- I would drink vinegar if it didn’t give me a stomach ache
- I once started a sleep cycle in which I only slept for two hours a day
- Canned meatballs were my favourite food before I turned vegetarian
- Giblets is my least favourite word in the English language
- I used to believe our hearts could only beat a certain number of times, then they stopped
- A mongoose is my favourite animal but I don’t know how it differs from a meerkat
- I think I hate green food because I forget that I don’t
- I prefer nightmares over good dreams
Here are eleven answers to Nienke’s questions:
- What would you like to learn? How to base jump.
- What was the best meal you had while travelling? A feast of bananas and potatoes on a tiny island in the South Pacific.
- If you had to re-visit one place you’ve already been, which would you choose? A small boardwalk through a forest in Canada.
- Where did you find the most impressing street art? Unusually, Belgium.
- Which languages do you speak? Semi-fluent English.
- Did you ever celebrate a local festival/event? Which one? Countless events and festivals all over the world. If you happen to be in the right place at the right time, take part.
- What is your favourite hostel/camping meal? Pesto on anything.
- Who is your favourite writer? Philip Pullan because of his Dark Materials trilogy.
- What do you always miss from home when travelling? My home is wherever I lay my head. The things I miss are people.
- Can you recommend me a magazine to read? National Geographic. It’s popular for a reason.
- What souvenir do you always bring home after a trip? Memories and photos. They don’t weigh much.
Here are eleven new nominees:
- Janit @ urban-indian.net
- Anuja @ threeisacompany.tumblr.com
- Justin @ truenomads.com
- Sharon @ sharontravelogue.wordpress.com
- Mie @ miesadventures.com
- Melissa @ suitcaseandheels.com
- Lindsey @ chasingthewild.com
- Stinky @ stinkysuitcase.com
- Mariann @ tinygirlwithbigbag.com
- Shaun @ shaunscrackedcompass.com
- Lauren @ getwhereyouregoing.com
Here are eleven questions for them:
- What would you do with your life if you had $50 billion dollars in the bank?
- Are there any places in the world you wouldn’t visit?
- If you found Narnia in your wardrobe, would you go in? Bare in mind that you might never come back.
- If tomorrow you could wake up anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
- What does adventure mean to you?
- Is there in anywhere in the world that you have been to that you would recommend others to avoid?
- What are the biggest obstacles when travelling the world?
- If paradise exists, how does it look?
- What do you write about on your site?
- If you could pass on one piece of advice to the rest of the world, what would it be?
- What is your biggest fear?
If you have any great answers to the questions above, post them in the comments section below.