If you would like to teach English in China, but you don’t want to commit to a full year or you don’t meet the prerequisites to get a full time job in China, taking part in a Chinese immersion programme is a wonderful opportunity that will allow you to live in China and learn Chinese. A Chinese immersion programme can be undertaken as a summer programme (in-between studies if necessary), or as a six or twelve month placement.
HOW IT WORKS
- You are matched with a Chinese family based on your skills, experience, and interests.
- Tutor their child and share your culture for up to 30 hours per week.
- In return you will receive free accommodation, food, flight reimbursement, monthly pocket money (around $250), Chinese language classes, and regular social events.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
In order to apply for this programme, you must meet the following requirements:
- Aged 18-30 (for visa purposes)
- Have an excellent command of English without a strong accent
You don’t need a degree, you don’t need a TEFL, and you don’t need to be a native speaker. But you do need to have a positive attitude and be willing to put effort into your role. This is a great opportunity for people to experience life in China without having to pay a penny.
If you would like to apply for the Chinese immersion programme, please fill out the form below and someone will get in contact with you to give you more information.
Disclaimer: I work with the company that sets you up on the immersion programme, but we are two separate entities.